Wednesday, 12 September 2007

Baptist Chapel, Mansfield

My grandparents Alexander Joseph Limb and Florence Mary Stubbs were married at this chapel on 21st May 1906. H. Nicholls was the Minister and W D Rawe was the registrar. Witnesses were Alfred William Limb (brother of the groom) and Emily Agnes Stubbs ( sister of the bride).

Another family wedding held here was that of my great grandmother Celia Palmer Limb (nee Young). In March 1907 she was widowed when my great grandfather William Edward Limb was killed in an accident at Shirebrook Colliery (I did a post about this earlier this year.) Celia was married again on 30th December 1911 to Arthur Fawden who, at only 25 years old, was considerably younger than her. The couple moved away from Shirebrook but she did return four years later. I will tell this detective story in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment